Minority Perspective Discussion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Why is there a lack of activism from the black community in the UK?

Go down

Why is there a lack of activism from the black community in the UK? Empty Why is there a lack of activism from the black community in the UK?

Post  Admin Mon Jan 12, 2009 9:27 am

Whether it be the war in Iraq, the Middle East conflict or even anti-capitalist demonstrations against the designs of multinational corporations to control the resources of the developing world, one thing has always struck me when I have attended these demonstrations or have seen images of them, and that is the lack of Black-British activists at these demonstrations.

People of African descent are in a unique position to challenge stuctures of imperialism at home and abroad, their history of bondage and suffering should have provided them with a passion for genuine democracy that their ancestors have fought and died for. Yet this is not the case and I have always looked for reasons why the Black-British population are so apolitical and indifferent to the suffering and ongoing battles in their homeland and all over the world against economic and military imperialism.

Have we forgotten where we came from and who we are?

Admin
Admin

https://minorityperspective.board-directory.net

Back to top Go down